ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz / BigFish site goes live -- The Swedish Institute
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:30:41 GMT
Congratulations!

Jacopo

On Oct 1, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Nick Rosser <nrosser@solveda.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I thought it may be interesting for some community members to share one of recent successful
implementations. I would welcome others to do so, seeing how OFBiz is being used for real
implementations is good knowledge sharing and good for the community as a whole.

> Check out http://online.swedishinstitute.edu.
>
> The Swedish Institute is a leading educator for massage, acupuncture and personal training
with a large facility in New York City. Like many educational institutions they offer Continuing
Education classes -- a great way for their Alumni to keep up with the latest techniques and
an excellent source of revenue!

> We used our OFBiz extension BigFish for this implementation. There were some interesting
special requirements given that the offerings were not traditional products but registration
for continuing education classes. As usual we found that the OFBiz data model and service
layers provided everything we needed to pull off this project (we have not yet been stumped,
OFBiz is truly Open for Business!).

> In addition to the eCommerce site we built a custom Alumni Network application using
OFBiz. This offers any Alumni the ability to authenticate their Alumni status, and participate
in a number of private features such as Rental Office offerings, Volunteer Postings and a
private Message Board.