ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Julien NICOLAS <julien.nico...@nomaka.fr>
Subject Re: Theme bootstrap
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 13:50:23 GMT
Hi Gavin, Pierre, Florient and Taher,

It's a good news that you all join the team :)

Other thanks to Adrian for informations !

Maybe the first step could be to create a setting which allow to switch
from old management to the new one because it seems to be hard to change
the framework without breaking old css themes.

Another important point is to define a mock-up for the basic navigation
and apply it for easiest navigation. This will be helpful to work with
the other points.

Taher, I think that it's a big task because we can find several types of
screens (widget, ftl, form, etc.) and many technologies very helpful but
maybe it's time to unify the main software UI.
Even if we keep all technologies that make the software flexibility,
it's important to be coherent in standard UI.

So I suggest this following steps :
1 - Create themes switch
2 - Submit several mock-up for the basic navigation (ask community feeling)
3 - Implement basic navigation
4 - Mock-up for standard to unify standard UI (ask community feeling)
5 - Screen widgets
6 - Form Widgets
7 - Styling

I think point 2 and 4 could be running during working on the others but
we have to start to submit mock-ups to the community because discussions
could take a lot of time ;)

Julien.