ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nick Rosser <nros...@solveda.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz / BigFish site goes live -- The Swedish Institute
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 14:58:17 GMT
Pierre,

The custom Alumni Network has some key features:

  * Access
      o The Locate a Practitioner is available for general use, given
        that they want the general public to be able to find one of
        their Alumni practitioners)
      o Other features require authentication and user setup
  * Authentication
      o Alumni use their Student#, First Name and Last Name to gain
        access to the site
      o We make a callout to a back-end Student Mgmt System -- if
        authenticated then a user profile is setup and access granted
  * Locate a Practitioner
      o Re-purposed the Store-Locator functionality we developed in BigFish
      o Integrated into Google Maps
      o OFBiz Entities:
          + PARTY (and associated GROUP/ROLE/CONTENT)
          + CONTACT_MECH / POSTAL_ADDRESS
          + GEO_POINT / PARTY_GEO_POINT
  * Private functions (Jobs, Rental Office, Volunteer, Message Board)
      o The idea is that this is a private community and allow Alumni to
        communicate with other Alumni
      o "Postings"
          + Jobs: if someone has a Acupuncture practice and are looking
            for additional practitioners then a job offering is posted,
            and other Alumnis can apply for that position
          + Office Rental: someone has additional office space available
            for rental
          + Volunteer Posting: someone needs volunteers for a specific event
          + OFBiz Entities:
              # For the primary data collected we created specific
                POSTING entities (e.g. JOB_POSTING)
              # With associations back to standard entities within OFBiz
                (PARTY, PARTY_ASSOC, ENUMERATION etc.)
      o Message Board: general board to share ideas, thoughts and
        solicit feedback etc
          + OFBiz Entities:
              # we use the CONTENT, CONTENT_ASSOC and CONTENT_TYPE

Is that what you meant?

Nick