ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Low utilization of OFBiz on multi core servers
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 15:38:45 GMT
I believe it's only about the UI, so nothing really important, I did not check code though

I also noticed there is a small error in <<Back-End Database “Update”>> section
The modified ST_ID is 5 (from Yellow to Black Pants) not 6
The (stType = 2) is correct though

HTH

Jacques

Le 04/09/2014 15:17, Nick Rosser a écrit :
> <<TECH NOTE: The EXP and SR misses do not currently work on OFBiz due to a bug
introduced a few years ago. All misses are logged as NF (Not Found).>>

> I have to think that this was direct feedback from David Jones. Perhaps it is resolved
now, not sure to be honest.

> On 9/4/2014 8:22 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>>
>> Le 13/08/2014 20:22, Nick Rosser a écrit :
>>> FWIW -- we went through a lot of performance pains implementing some high-volume
eComm apps. Ended up consulting directly with David Jones for
>>> pointers / advise / strategy etc.
>>>
>>> As a result we put together this doc, may be of some help / interest:
>>>
>>> http://bigfish.solveda.com/help/guideCachingAndMemory.htm
>>>
>>> First section is all about the caching aspects of OFBiz, all the good DB caching
stuff in the framework.

>>> Scroll down to the "memory" section of the doc ... for a discussion about JVM
settings etc.

>> Interesting, thanks Nick.
>>
>> I noticed there is a known bug
>> <<TECH NOTE: The EXP and SR misses do not currently work on OFBiz due to a
bug introduced a few years ago. All misses are logged as NF (Not Found).>>

>> Do you have more information about that, is it only on the UI side? Is it only information
missing there, or? Is there a Jira issue open, etc?