ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Protecting the OFBiz trademark
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 14:01:57 GMT
The quotes were just there to separate the quoted text from my comments.
They are not part of the text.

Could more likely drop "software" unless anyone has heard of an ERP that
is not software or an Apache project that does not produce software.

Apache OFBiz™ is an open source product for the automation...
Apache OFBiz™ is an open source system for the automation...
Apache OFBiz™ is an open source package for the automation...
would all satisfy the Apache guidelines.
I would be fine with any of these. My goal was to achieve compliance
with the opening sentence.

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions.
They all can not be included but the discussion has been very helpful.

Ron

On 05/09/2014 7:54 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> That sounds like a definitive version, I just wonder why we have to
> keep "software product" instead of simply "software"?
>
> Also, do we really need to keep the ", and so on"?
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 05/09/2014 11:56, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>> Here is an alternative version (that includes Pierre's feedback) for
>> the very first statement:
>>
>> "Apache OFBiz™ is an open source software product for the automation
>> of enterprise processes that includes framework components and
>> business applications for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM [...]"
>>
>> For the remaining text, I would keep Adrian's version (based on Ron's
>> initial text).
>>
>> Jacopo
>>
>> On Sep 5, 2014, at 10:12 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ron,
>>>
>>> Nice going!
>>>
>>> Who is the intended target audience? The message on the page should
>>> reflect
>>> that.
>>>
>>> Here is my version of that first statement:
>>>
>>> Apache OFBiz™ is an open source enterprise suite of business
>>> applications,
>>> that includes solutions for ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM
>>> (Customer Relationship Management), E-Business / E-Commerce, SCM
>>> (Supply
>>> Chain Management) and Warehousing, MRP (Manufacturing Resources
>>> Planning),
>>> MMS/EAM (Maintenance Management System/Enterprise Asset Management),