ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Implementing Pay slips
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:25:11 GMT
Please use rather user ML for such questions see why here: http://ofbiz.apache.org/mailing-lists.html
You will get a better support and it's more fair to share with everybody

The wider the audience the better the answers you might get

Thanks

Jacques

Le 04/09/2014 18:51, Chloé Desoutter a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Here's a requirements map for implementing pay slips. Am I mistaken ? I seek guidance
here.

> We need two-columns accounting to keep accounting for various benefits and taxes that
are due to the state & various external entities. This, ofbiz
> can do with a little configuration.
>
> We need to compute, using business rules, the presence and rate of benefits and taxes,
taken from the gross wage of the employee and as tax on this
> gross wage for the employing entity. The business rules involve Worker status (employee,
managing employee, contractant, intern, etc.), worked days,
> gross income, employment duration. These business rules are not implemented yet but they
could be managed as rulesets associated to worker categories.

> We need to compute other elements aswell, such as employer sponsored days-off (in France
we have a full five weeks of 'em per year) and equivalent
> money amount (days can't be cashed out but when employment comes to an end a certain
amount of money is due based on the number of available days).
> This needs business rules aswell, based on the number of hours worked.
>
> Then we need to generate pay slips. They are simply reports with specific formatting,
tapping into a data source for a given actor and a given
> amount of money at a given point in time.
>
> If we consider that paying a worker is an invoice (a "due" invoice) it's a pretty good
model. An invoice has lines giving an amount, an emission
> date, a due date, an origin and a target (either of them being the Company entity).
>
> Am I on the right path? Are there any ongoing efforts out there going in that direction?
>
> The big challenge is to make the business rules manageable. The option I prefer is to
forget that and just hook computing rules to the invoice
> "gross" amount to generate the miscellaneous lines and get the net amount due to the
employee and to the various tax collectors. What do you people