ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From r.ted.by...@gmail.com
Subject Re: OfBiz workflow
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:50:17 GMT
Thanks Jacques, That is useful and appreciated.

Ted

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.
  Original Message
From: Jacques Le Roux
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 3:27 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Reply To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: OfBiz workflow

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Is+OFBiz+for+Me#IsOFBizforMe-OFBizWorkflow(EDAArchitecture)

>> The suggestion was to use JIRA as an issue tracking system to help manage
>> the Workflow project.
>>
> Ok, not a stretch there as it is already used by ASF.

Adrian suggested to use the ASF Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ) to handle
the communication between the persons interested working
on mixing OFBiz with Activiti

>> The suggested technical base for Workflow is Activiti (read the start of
>> this conversation at the end of this page).
>>
> OK. But then, I'd be interested in a comparison of Jira with Activiti
> with what is already in OFBiz. ;-)

OFBiz uses EDA as explained in the link above. Jira workflow is limited to transitions between
status. Activiti is a real workflow engine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activiti_%28software%29

Jacques