ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "JFradkin@styleline.com" <JFrad...@styleline.com>
Subject Re: EDI Data format
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:47:05 GMT
I created EDI record entity to allow me to do configurable exporting of data.

I have a header record (part of that is the FTP URL, Password, and userid.
I may take a look at moving those elements per your suggestion.

I am using a Role under the party group to say if there is a EDI
configuration.
I added to my supplier screen a drop down where the EDI format can be
selected.
If one is selected the role is added.

I have a section and field table. Its a bit hard coded to using entities in
view order, but the field selection is configurable. I have done two vendors
with it and is working good. The header has place to say if usng quotes,
what the delimiter is EOL etc. My one supplier just wanted a header and line
items, the other was 9 sections. I added the two suppliers to my seed data,
so they will be available for any clients. I may add a front end at some
point to configure EDI data, as username, password, etc will be specific to
the user.
It gets all the other stuff from ofbiz data, like requested date (I had to
do a loop and get the first one for one of the vendors as they wnated just
one requested date in the header). So there are a few specialized fields.

-----
Joel Fradkin