ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: run action in Order Search
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 02:30:04 GMT

Le 13/08/2014 22:43, JFradkin@styleline.com a écrit :
> I understand it changes the price in the cart, but what does override price
> check-box impact?
> It seemed to change the price if it was checked , and also if it was not
> checked.

Are you speaking only when the order has been created or also before?
For me, on trunk demo, before creation, there are no issue prices or/and quantity are only
changed for selected (checked) items
After I noted indeed that even if you don't check an item for quantity it can be changed.
Not the same for price, it needs to be checked to be changed

To be franck, I never understood why there were those checkboxes. Because OFBiz should be
able to compare by itself and store only changed values.
IIRW, when you look into programming details it makes more sense (easier coding) but still
we could get rid of these checkboxes with a "little" effort
Even when the underlying service is called out of the normal UI context (I recently fixed
an issue with the underlying service at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=r1616940)

> I would think if you put a price in for a product from a supplier, it should
> update the last price in the screen where you apply a supplier to a product.
> Maybe I just do not understand the whole process, but if I buy x at 2.00 the
> first time it should set that last price field at 2.00 and if I buy again
> for 2.50 it should update it, so when I place another order the default
> price is now 2.50.

Actually this is not by product but by order item, so the changes are not persisted

Note that all these behaviours are common to SOs and POs

Jacques