ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Guillaume Sigoigne <guillaume.sigoi...@nomaka.fr>
Subject Re: LotId of raw material
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 09:40:38 GMT

Wrote:
>> Hi Yao,
>>
>> If I well understand your question, you want to know if :
>> - lotId can be used for any kind of products (raw material, semi-finished and finished
product, trade, ...)
>> - raw material lotId can be linked to miscellaneous manufactoried products
> Yes
>
>> Answer of 1st question is yes.
>> You can input lotId during products reception or during manufacturing.
> LotId is a primary key of Lot table, raw materials from different suppliers may contains
same lotId.
> I don’t assign a new lotId for the raw materials, but use the lot id from supplier.

I see what you mean. As it is a primary key, you can't avoid this problem.
You can probably use InventoryItem.softIdentifier to store supplier lot id.
I'm not totally sure about the relevancy of this solution, but that's
the field I'll use in your case.

>> Answer of 2nd question is also yes.
>> For example, you receive a 45 meter coil. You give lotId 12345 to this product.
>> You will have one stock line with lotID 12345 with quantity 45/45 (if product Uom
quantity is in meter).
>> Then, you produce a manufactoried product which use 2 meters of this coil.
>> You have to indicate lotId used during the manufacturing process (production run
screen).
>> Raw material stock line of lotId 12345 will change to quantity 43/45.
>> Manufacturied product stock line has a link to production run.
>> Production run has a link to used raw materials and their stock lines.
> Yes the production run screen can input lotId, should I custom the screen to display
the lotId of main raw material,
> so I can input, without It I can not remember the lotId.

Effectively, in out of the box version there is, in my knowledge, no way
to list lotId in production run screen.
You have several possibilities.
First one should be to print barcode of your lotId (with Interleaved 2
of 5 barcode type for example) and use a barcode scanner.
Second one is what you propose, customize production run screen by
adding a lookup button on lotId.

Just for your information, if you need a solution of traceability for
factory, we are currently working on a floss solution which is already
functional.
It allows you to followup production run tasks, raw material
traceability (by lotId, but without lookup ;) )and real used quantity
directly in the factory instead of flying reports you have to keyin in
office.
You can find source code here : https://github.com/nomakaFr/nomaka-followup

Regards

Guillaume Sigoigne