ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Release page outdated and inconsistent.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 14:01:57 GMT

Le 07/08/2014 15:53, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :

> Le 07/08/2014 15:08, Jacopo Cappellato a écrit :
>> and the first minor release number is always 01, then 02, then 03 and so on.
>> The only part where you are wrong is the major release number that is "13.07" and
not, as you assume, "13". As explained in the docs our major
>> release number is in the format: YY.MM
>> Frankly speaking I don't like the format of the major release number (as I mentioned
a few times) but it is what it is and changing it now may add
>> further confusion.
>
> Can't we say that it follows the Ubuntu way, is that so creasy? I'm alone in this world
to know that Ubuntu exists? What about Windows 95, 98?

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning#Date_of_Release
>
> I don't like numbers like 7.0.75, really not!

I mean what Java 7.0.67 tells me apart that Oracle has not been able yet to provide a 7.1
version?

With 12.04.3 I know that I have all the feature up to April 2012 and the bug fixes since!

Please guys expand your mind

Jacques