ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Release page outdated and inconsistent.
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 18:45:28 GMT
https://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html page needs updating.

Is the 12.04.05 release date closer to being known?

The description of the Release number says that release numbers consist
of 2 parts

    "The naming convention for OFBiz releases is*<Major Release
    Number>.<Minor Release Number>"*

but the releases seem to have 3 digits. Patch description missing.

The 13.x.x series part of the page puzzles me.
It seems to indicate that some early versions 13.0.0, 13.07.01 should
already be able to be downloaded.
It also seems to indicate that the 13.x.x will be released in 2014 which
means that it should have a 14.x.x release number.

I am not sure why a non-standard pattern of release identification was
adopted but it is confusing and now inconsistent.
It leads to the impression that the project is not active since it
missed 2013 altogether.

Would it not be possible/"good thing" to adopt a standard pattern of
releases where the first digit indicates major change with some risk of
serious work required to upgrade, second digit indicating significant
new functionality but no change to the existing data structure or
functions that are not changing and the last digits indicating a minor
bug fix?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler