ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release page outdated and inconsistent.
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2014 13:08:43 GMT

On Aug 7, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> That is not what the doc says. It says that 13.01 should be the first release of the
13 series.

No, this is not what the doc says, please read carefully.

> "<Minor Release Number> is a two digit sequential number: 01 (if specified) is
the first release from the branch; 02 is the second etc...; for a given Major Release Number
you should always use the release with the highest Minor Release Number because it represents
the latest bug fix release for the Major Release Number you are using."

Exactly,

and the first minor release number is always 01, then 02, then 03 and so on.
The only part where you are wrong is the major release number that is "13.07" and not, as
you assume, "13". As explained in the docs our major release number is in the format: YY.MM
Frankly speaking I don't like the format of the major release number (as I mentioned a few
times) but it is what it is and changing it now may add further confusion.

Jacopo