ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz & tweeting
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 14:39:11 GMT
I am not saying that Twitter is bad.
I just get enough stuff now and none of it requires my response at
Tweet-speed.

The LinkedIn group is there.
It has 495 members and a stream of activity and discussion that is
already active.

This forum is pretty active. I am not sure how many people subscribe.

Between the 2 there should be ample opportunity to share information and
get the news out.

That said, if people want to tweet about OfBiz, go ahead.

Ron

On 31/07/2014 10:09 AM, Julien NICOLAS wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Not sure to understand why Tweeter is not good for communication.
> LinkedIn and Tweeter is not the same thing. You can put an article in
> LinkedIn and share the link using Tweeter.

Once I post on LinkedIn, the link is shared automatically - no need for
another step.
> In this way you don't need more than 140 character because it's just a
> link. This link can be share really fast and easy to write.
>
> For exemple, a tweet of a new version of OFBiz can be less than 140
> char and the list of fixed issues contained in a linkedIn page that
> people over 50 can dissect slowly.

Or just put on LinkedIn with a Subject that people can click on to read
the details.

--
Ron Wheeler
President