ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ted Byers <r.ted.by...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors Configuring Eclipse to work with OFBiz, and JDBC question
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 17:43:37 GMT
Thanks Jacques and Adrian,

I know the drives have to be in the class path.

I didn't realize that I could use those ant targets to download them.

But, I see both drives already installed, along with a large number of
other jar files (e.g. junit4, log4j, &c.), in /usr/share/java.  The
question is two fold.  Why doesn't ant, or Eclipse, include that
directory in its class path?  And, can either be compelled to include
that directory in the class path?  If so, how?  Is there a downside to
doing so?

Thanks

Ted

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:51 PM, Jacques Le Roux
<jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
> Also you can grab them automatically (in the right place) using ant
>
> The targets are
> download-PG-JDBC
> download-mySQL-JDBC
>
> By and large use "ant -p" for targets doc
>
> Jacques
>
> Le 13/06/2014 18:12, Adrian Crum a écrit :
>
>> The JDBC drivers must be in the classpath, so you will need to copy them
>> into the project folder.
>>
>> You can configure OFBiz to use any combination of data sources.
>>
>> Adrian Crum
>> Sandglass Software
>> www.sandglass-software.com
>>
>> On 6/13/2014 9:06 AM, Ted Byers wrote:

>>> I am beginning to suspect that it is encountering the law of
>>> diminishing returns, in being so complex, many would give up on it.
>>>
>>> I can now confirm that the issue is primarily one of my lack of
>>> familiarity with it.  For example, ...

>>> I now know that subversion is working correctly in Eclipse.
>>>
>>> I, quite by accident, found a way into a 'package view', and was able
>>> to follow the instructions you previously gave for resolving the build
>>> path errors, and this was successful.  I have now built trunk and
>>> 13.07, as checked out using svn, using this method.  Until a few
>>> minutes ago, I did not know that that package view  existed.

Use default

--
R.E.(Ted) Byers, Ph.D.,Ed.D.
TED@MERCHANTSERVICECORP.COM