ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ted Byers <r.ted.by...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Eclipse to work with OFBiz (Jacques?)
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 02:30:20 GMT
Hi Ron,

Thanks, but...

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com
> wrote:

> I normally download the installer http://download.springsource.
> com/release/STS/3.5.1/dist/e4.3/spring-tool-suite-3.5.1.
> RELEASE-e4.3.2-win32-installer.exe
> Run it and let it install Eclipse with the plug-ins.
> I end up with a sts.exe file that I run.
>
> That is the Windows installer.  Alas, it won't run on any version of
Linux.  On Linux, all you get is a gzipped tar file.  But I just put it in
a subdirectory in my home directory. I wonder if it ought to be in /opt or
/usr/local/...

I am using the latest JDK 1.7 that is availabel for OpenSuse 13.1, so that
ought not be a problem, and based on the information you provided, I
converted all '-' into '_' characters (and ensured there were no spaces),
but the error I mentioned persists.  Anyone out there working with this on
Linux?

> I have not seen this error
>
> Plug-in "org.springsource.ide.eclipse.commons.gettingstarted" was unable
> to instantiate class "org.springsource.ide.eclipse.commons.gettingstarted.
> dashboard.WelcomeDashboard"
>
> but
> https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/STS-3712 describes a way to
> get this to happen by using a folder with a space in the foldername.
> Perhaps a "-" can have the same effect.
> Try renaming the folder where it is installed.
> If that does not fix it, try Googling the error message and see if
> anything else shows up.
>
> Subversive should be referenced from the Dashboard if my memory serves me
> well (or at all).
>
> Alas, it looks like I am not getting the dashboard because of the error I
mention above.  :-(

> If you add the Kepler release software site (it may already be there)
> http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler
> you will find Subversive listed under "Collaboration"
>
> Yes, that repository is already there, and I found Subversive there.
Thanks.

Thanks

Ted

--