ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Crum <adrian.c...@sandglass-software.com>
Subject Re: ofbiz for logistics
Date Sat, 31 May 2014 16:07:51 GMT
You do not need to create a purchase order. I recommend you start with
the existing artifacts that map directly to your business, identify
missing bits (gaps), and then build out the missing bits.

What OFBiz has:

1. A good data model for creating and tracking shipments.
2. The data model includes the means to associate a shipment to a
shipping cost.
3. Sales order and invoice functionality.

What is missing:

1. Generate a sales order from a shipment or group of shipments (OOTB,
shipments are generated from a sales order, but you need it to go the
opposite way).
2. A means to include fixed assets (delivery vehicles) in the shipment
route.
3. A means to track/approve package movement along the shipment route.

If your project has provided for some consulting fees, then I would be
happy to assist you with modeling your business.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com