ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Rajbir Saini <rajbsa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Recurring Billing And Subscription
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 05:35:01 GMT
Ted,

I am sorry for the confusion and half information. May be I was too
quick in replying. Regarding example in OFBiz, there are an example but
it is more about the subscription of newsletters. That could be a good
starting point and that is the place I have started.

I think key to the implementation is putting together your data
properly. SubscriptionResource is the most important entity and it has
most of what you need. Your product type should be digital goods to make
the subscription work.

You may need to write a fulfillment service to fulfill the orders
depending upon your fulfillment process. For recurring billing, there
are two ways to handle it. Auto and manual. For auto billing, your
payment processor must support it and if this flat in your subscription
entity is set to true and auto renewal service is schedule, it will
create an order which will be auto approve the order and charge the
credit card etc. For manual, you will need to write your own code and
action is user initiated (e.g. a renew subscription link on  profile page).

Thanks,

Raj