ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacopo Cappellato <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: using websocket within ofbiz
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:29:56 GMT

On Apr 17, 2014, at 12:48 PM, MelonJaya <melonjaya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to utilize the websocket in current trunk of ofbiz.
> Make new component in hot-deploy, using the exact chat example from tomcat
> and include the Java class. It can be compiled and ant start run without
> any problem, but my browser console keeps telling me that ws connection
> cannot be made.
>
> I have read the discussion from Jacopo in Tomcat mailing list too, tried to
> add the listener in web.xml and still my browser cannot make ws connection
> to my ofbiz instance.

Hi Johnson,

I have indeed worked at implementing a prototype as a proof of concept for the integration
of WebSockets in OFBiz.
Unfortunately I was not able to complete my work and I am not sure when I will be able to
continue it. I had a partial success playing with the JarScanner.setScanClassPath(true) flag;
however, when used in OFBiz, you get several errors due to the presence of several jars in
the classpath. I would too be curious to know if other did some experiments and had some success.

Jacopo