ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas <nicocloth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About 'Set to complete' button in the Setup application
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 17:24:11 GMT
Thank you, Hans, Jacques and Pierre, for these complementary answers !

When looking at the bright side of things :
- Apart from the click on 'Set to complete' and the use of Java 7 (instead
of 6), my way of using OFBiz is in accordance with Hans's blog. Well, this
is not a miracle, because I've stated in my second mail that I've just
followed the available documentations.
- Using the Setup application is... optional
- Clicking on 'Set to complete' is... optional
- My attached files were lost, but they were... optional

So, everything's fine. No more problem.

But, when looking at the dark side of things :
- The Setup application does not appear in the main menu.
- The Setup application is optional (and it seems that the majority of the
users don't use it for initial installation) so I think the role of the
"Setup application" could be clarified with a new name, such as
"Organization setup assistant (or helper) (or wizard)".
- Usually, the local help system reachable through the "question mark" is a
"context sensitive help". But it is not true for the Setup application : in
this application, a click on the "question mark" opens the help system on
the generic page saying "Welcome to the Apache OFBiz help system. If you
arrived at this page without selecting the index, then a specific help page
was not yet available" (and then the user has to select "OFBiz Setup" in
the help system index).

These problems are minor, but I'm a novice user, I don't know if/how they
should be added to Jira.

One last note, for Hans : if you show the blog to your new customer next
week, be careful, the chapter "Setting up a production environment"
contains a broken link to the Wiki. I think the page has been renamed
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide

Best regards
Nicolas