ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: Voting the new release
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 18:39:19 GMT
Pierre,

Le 20/03/2014 16:28, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Jacopo,
>
> Thank you for making the OFBiz 13.07.01 release available for download and
> testing.
>
> I have run the tests available in the release and only 1 failed.
> Test 'testCreateManyAndStoreOneAtATime' in entitytests raised a failure,
> but given the description of the failure it can be regarded as a minor
> issue.
>
> Also, testing for the multi-tenancy aspect (as per
> OFBIZ-4130<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4130>and
> OFBIZ-5319 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5319>), the
> security threat - as described in those issues - still exists. It is a pity
> that resolving this didn't make it before the cutoff date of this release.
> But I trust you will mention the potential threat in the release notes
> after the conclusion of the vote and the subsequent release.

No worries, if they are bugs they will be backported to releases

> As for not including good special purpose apps, I trust that mechanisms
> will be put in place  (in short time) to ensure that users can still access
> and apply those applications in their 13.07 setup, without having to go
> through the developer way of working (checkout and code adjustment). Such
> mechanisms would show that OFBiz there is more to it than current release
> does.

This is a good idea, but It will not happen all of the sudden. We need to organize things
around to have a least a hope something will happen...
To begin, I suggest a Jira with requirements and ideas how to do.

> It is a pity that formal voting on each of the special purpose applications
> - to ensure due process - didn't occur in the dev ML, given the
> controversies as stated in mail thread
> http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Lose-Weight-Program-for-OFBiz-td4481845i40.html.
> It would also have ensured that creation and/or adjustment of policy and
> other document(s) could be planned and effect to reflect the new situation.

Everyone can begin a vote (even if only committers voices count). Of course it's too late
now...

Jacques