ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Christian Carlow <christian.car...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why must production run task components be issued in descending order when associated with other tasks beside the first
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 14:56:24 GMT
I was mistaken in my initial post, the "Issue Components" button only
issues components for its associated task.  The "Materials Required By
The Running Task" section lists all tasks that are currently running and
still requiring materials.  When "Quick Start/Run All Tasks" buttons are
not clicked, only the currently running task appears in the "Materials
Required By The Running Task" section because only one task can be
started at a time and later ones can only be started once the prior has
been complete.  But when "Quick Start/Run All Tasks" buttons are
clicked, then all tasks are put into the running state all all requiring
materials appear in the "Materials Required By Running Task" section
which allows for issuance of all tasks at once.  Because of this, it
seems the "Issue Components" button should appear for all tasks still
requiring materials when the "Quick Start/Run All Tasks" buttons are
clicked.  However, both the "Issue Components" button and using the
"Materials Required By Running Task" methods of issuance attempt to
issue all materials and fail if all are not available.  Therefore, the
"Actual Materials" tab must be used to issue partial quantities
manually.  I guess the previous 2 methods are there for conveniency to
be used only when all materials can be issued at once, otherwise the
"Actual Materials" tab must be used.

My primary reason for posting was to determine why I couldn't use the
"Issue Components" button for more than one running task since materials
may be received partially at different times.  Since the "Actual
Materials" tab can be used to do this, I don't think the "Issue
Components" button not appearing for all running tasks is a big deal
since those options are supposed to be used when all materials are
available to be issued which isn't my case.  I'll let the users know to
use the use the actual materials tab when issuing materials.

I'll be adding a patch soon that allows the "Issue Components" and
"Materials Required By Running Task" issuance methods to be aware of
materials already issued in the "Actual Materials" tab so more materials
aren't issued than required.