ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: About 'Set to complete' button in the Setup application
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 03:14:54 GMT
Inline...

Le 06/03/2014 23:09, Nicolas a écrit :
> Thank you very much Hans, but...
>
> 1/ I suppose that we don't use the same versions of OFBiz :
> - I'm using OFBiz 12.04.02, with JDK 1.7 update 51 (64-bits), in a Windows 64-bits environment.

It's not recommended to use Java 7 with OFBiz yet. Though it works with trunk, tests don't
all pass. For releases which are quite older you might
cross more issues, Java 6 is recommended

> - When I read your answer or old mails in the ML (such as :
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ofbiz-dev/201205.mbox/%3cCAHn+_8OaGsuSRqkKnd8EH0mFamwVu=oEnUrYyQxZaZac_Rpg9g@mail.gmail.com%3e),
everybody
> talks about the "setup option in the main menu". But I don't see this option. When I
use my "production sequence", the setup option is absent from
> the menus (cf attached files im1_top_menu.png and im2_acc_menu.png).
> - I don't reach the Setup application by using a menu. I reach the Setup application
by using its url (cf attached file im3_setup.png).

snapshots normally don't make through on ASF MLs

> 2/ I've tried to follow your hint about PartyAcctgPreference :
> - I have not seen much accounting info in the Setup application.
> - By using the Accounting application and the menu "Organization GL Settings", I have
seen a Setup option, next to my company's name.
> - I have clicked this "Setup" and filled my "accounting preferences" and clicked "Add".
My information have been saved and the "Add" button has
> become an "Update" button.
> - Is my manipulation correct (and equivalent to your advice) ?
>
> 3/ Even if you confirm that there is a link between "the 'Set to complete' button in
the Setup application" and "the 'Setup' option next to my
> company's name in the Accounting application", the sequence "Setup application (to fill
the company basic info) -> Accounting application (to fill
> the company accounting info) -> Setup application (to click on 'Set to complete')"
is too strange. I must be making a mistake somewhere. And with
> all these doubts I have not clicked on 'Set to complete' yet... Well, I'm lost.

That's why I prefer to not use the Setup component :D It seems incomplete to me, but I must
say I don't recall clearly and it was maybe an old version
I used then

Jacques

> Thanks in advance
> Nicolas

wrote:

>     The setup option in the main menu will only appear if there is no entry in the entity:
PartyAcctgPreference

>     If you add a new accounting company, you can add data that later you cannot modify
like the currency of that company.

>     If you select the setup to be complete, the accounting company is added to the PartyAcctgPreference
entity and the setup option will diappear
>     from the menu. Any data entered can be modified except for the specific data on the
PartyAcctgPreference entity which can however be modified
>     using webtools but not with the regular user menus.
>
>     Regards,
>     Hans
>

>     On 06/03/14 02:37, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>         Note that, IIRW before using the Setup application you need first "'to seed OFBiz"
(ant load-seed or maybe even load-extseed)