ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Robert Gan <...@mercon24.de>
Subject Order Return functionality (Billing Account)
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 21:52:55 GMT
hey, I have a question if I understood the process correctly.

Target: Refund a customer payment which is connected with an invoice.

Steps until the refund starts:

Customer Order with payment "Billing Account".

The Payment ist taken from Billing account and the invoice is created. We
shipped the item to the customer

The customer pay the invoice and we capture it to the corresponding invoice.

--> Working

Now the customer want to give back the item, so I go to order and click
return process.

All items and Adjustments are marked and I create the return.

Than I finish the return and a return invoice and payment is created. So far
so good.

The payment is connected to the billing account, so the account balance
raises.
Is that the right way? Because the customer dont want to have a positive
balance, he wants to have the money back :) I checked the code and there the
services choose the Orderpaymentpreference paymentType, so it is the billing
account.

What is the next step? Is it correct to create a new payment now in
accounting screens with his billing account as source and his partyid as
target? So that the balance gets reduced. But this payment I cannot connect
to return invoice but I think this is not a problem, or is it one?

please let me know how you proceed this case, am I on the right path?

thanks in advance

Robert