ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nick Rosser <nros...@solveda.com>
Subject OFBiz / BigFish eCommerce latest release
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 18:29:07 GMT
The latest release of the eCommerce platform BigFish has been released
to our demo site at http://bigfish.solveda.com.

For those of you who have not yet heard of BigFish here's a quick 30,000
ft view:

  * BigFish extends OFBiz
      o we re-use the great data model and the valued service layer
      o for example: place an order in a BigFish eCommerce
        implementation and you will be able to track and fulfill that
        order using out-of-the-box OFBiz seamlessly
  * BigFish has a focus on eCommerce solutions
      o this includes features and functions to quickly create an
        enterprise eCommerce site
      o and also has an Admin Module which exposes OFBiz data and
        services, with a focus on eCommerce site management

There are many new features in this release, most notably a complete
re-work of the Responsive Web Design (RWD) implementation. To understand
this more fully see our Fashion House demo at
http://http://bigfish.solveda.com:8082/online/shop/main and re-size your
browser to see how the responsive components work.

For anyone interested in India retail solutions the Electronic Store
demo operates in Rupees, illustrates a Blue Dart solution and allows for
COD on check-out. See
http://http://bigfish.solveda.com:8085/online/shop/main

More to come on this over the next few weeks, new client announcement,
videos etc. Questions, comments always welcome.

Nick