ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: RMI null GenericValue userLogin problem.
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 23:20:05 GMT
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 11:34 PM, fab.mariotti@gmail.com wrote
> Then you agree with me that RMI should be (faster). For reasons I do not
> grasp yet.

Less verbose than any others, objects are sent serialized on the wire. Also another concern,
objects must be serializable

> To achieve REST you should had to modify pretty good amount
> of ofbiz services or done a lot of serialization on top of SOAP.

I must say I only used external REST services.

> For Jacques indeed: how easy is to do REST?

In OFBiz there is nothing really RESTful. Chris Snow made some efforts in 2010, but did not
complete.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/REST+Service+Implementation
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Export+service+using+REST
Adrian also began something more recently in Jira
And in 2010 also Chatree contributed something (hard to review)

HTH

Jacques