ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Re: calling external SOAP service from Ofbiz
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 10:18:57 GMT
For the license issue, it's only in the context of redistributing with an incompatible license,
like OFBiz with ASL2. As Adrian said we use XStream in OFBiz.

I believe it should be possible to go with the SOAPClientEngine class way. But it will never
be possible to handle all cases.

As I see it, depending of the order of magnitude (number of external SOAP services) and their
complexity, here are the solutions in increased order:

1) Improve SOAPClientEngine if your services are not too complex
2) Generate Stub from WSDL using wsdl2Java and use cover OFBiz services to handle call to
external SOAP services and possible mappings.
3) Use a tool like XStream or Smooks for transformations
4) Use an ESB or a complete solution with Camel + ServiceMix bundles (if necessary)

HTH

Jacques