ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From darrell73s <darrellof...@gmail.com>
Subject Triggering Comm Event Creation from Email
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 23:36:29 GMT
Hi fellow OFBiz'ers,

I've been looking into e-mailing in the framework, and noticed something
that I hope you might be able to help me out with.

I noticed that if I attempt to use the "Email Password" feature of the
eCommerce login page, I'm able to send the message (after of course
configuring my mail settings), but I noticed that if I view the
CommunicationEvents for the party, either through Party Manager, or by
directly viewing the entity, there are no records created.

After tracing the service calls, I see that LoginEvents calls the
"sendMailHiddenInLogFromScreen" service, which ultimately ends with calling
the "sendMail" service. I also noticed that there are SECAs in
"applications\party\servicedef\secas.xml" which will invoke
"createCommEventFromEmail" when sendMail/sendMailMultiPart is invoked with a
partyId, and an empty communicationEventId.

>From my testing, I've concluded that I cannot get these SECA's to trigger.
I've verified that the input map before the call to "sendMail", and in the
call contains a partyId, and does not contain a communicationEventId.
Additionally, I've tried removing the conditions on the SECA, but this does
not result in "createCommEventFromEmail" being called. I've created another
SECA in this file which calls a simple test service, and I've used
"createPerson" in-validate as a trigger which I've verified that this works
fine.

I wanted to confirm that the intended behavior is that a CommunicationEvent
should be created. Also, am I missing something as to why this SECA wouldn't
be called? (there's a comment below these SECA's which indicates that the
scheduled job of the "sendEmailDated" process which runs every 5 minutes has
replaced some SECA's, but I didn't think that applied to these)

Thanks for the help
Darrell