ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Swapnil Shah <swapnil.s...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Manufacturing Washers from Pipes
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:23:29 GMT
Hi Rupert,

Have you tried setting up the BoM between Washer (Produced after passing through required
operations) and Pipe (as a BoM component or raw material) in ratio of 1 : 0.001. Once you
associate the Washer with proper routing and create production run then you should be able
to produce 1000 units of washers and stock them in inventory by consuming 1 unit of Pipe (assuming
that scrap factor is 0%).  I have not tested but MRP would also honor this BoM while generating
the Procurement or Production requirement for Pipes based on demand for Washers from downstream
operations or safety stock requirements  or sales orders or forecast in the supply chain.

Thanks,
Swapnil