ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Christian Carlow <christian.car...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz Shipment operations too buggy to use? What should constitute a shipment?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:25:43 GMT
The auto-invoicing issues mentioned in my last post are caused by cases
where more than one ship group from the same order or items from some
order are grouped into a single shipment.  The shipment creation forms
allow for such data to be created but the configuration is not accounted
for in the invoicing seca logic that happens when Shipment statusIds are
changed to Pick or Pack.  Instead of applying shipping fees based on the
shipGroupSeqId of the order item issued to the shipment, it bases it on
the primaryShipGroupSeqId of the entire shipment.

What should constitute a shipment?  Shipments have a Shipment Route
Segment form for associating multiple destinations with a single
shipment which suggests that it shouldn't necessarily have to be
associated with only one destination but then again the code that
handles shipments references the Shipment primaryOrderId and
primaryShipGroupSeqId fields which suggests otherwise.

IMO multiple destinations should be allowed to be associate to a single
shipment.