ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From JS <johnnyscamb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz and Environment Configurations
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 13:04:11 GMT
Jacques Le Roux wrote
> I believe most of us use sets of patches. The add-on way, for now, is
> mostly used by the Neogia community.
>
> Jacques
>
> Adrian Crum wrote:
>> Then follow the first reply: Maintain a set of patches - one for each
>> environment.

Adrian, Jacques,

Thank you for the guidance. I'm essentially trying to stick as close to the
out of box OFBiz install as possible to ensure that I'm able to smoothly
upgrade to newer versions in the future, etc.  After your mention of using
patches, I went through my components and realized that the
"create-component" target in the OFBiz build.xml creates a /patches
directory with two sub-directories: staging and production. Is there some
significance to these directory names, i.e. can you run something like: "ant
<some target> staging" to have the patches in the staging directory
automatically applied, or are they simply placeholder names, and you still
have to run 'patch' manually?

Thanks for the help