ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Black Bird <blackbird1...@gmail.com>
Subject missing data records from webtools in component and tenantcomponent entities
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 05:54:33 GMT
I've been grappling with the multitenant capabilities of Ofbiz on versions
11.04, 12.04 and trunk.  I've realised that the 12.04 fork and trunk have
introduced new entities 'component' and 'tenantcomponent' which I'm trying
to learn how to utilise.

What I've found strange is that on attempting to list the values of these
two entities from webtools, only any record with the ComponentName equal to
'webtools' is visible.  On the other hand, if you log into the database
directly using ij, all the components can be seen using a select statement
from the 'component' table, and any records entered manually into the
'tenantcomponent' table.

Also, by default, the 'find' screen for both these entities normally comes
up with the 'ComponentName' field already populated with 'webtools'.
 Although the field can be emptied or replace with other component names,
only the record pertaining to webtools can be returned.

Is this a case of some hard-coding of ComponentName or am I missing
something?

I'm using trunk r1439737 and 12.04 r1435045.

I'm also unclear whether new components should be manually added to the
'component' entity or should this happen automatically.