ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From James Piechota <piech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List of all people and the company they work for
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:22:52 GMT
Thank you both for the replies!

I completely agree: I'd love to avoid hacking as much as possible! Maybe my
searching skills need some help because these are the issues I hit after
combing through the source:

1.
I believe the relationships can go either Person -> PartyGroup or
PartyGroup -> Person - is that right? To simplify use of the view-entity,
I'd like to just have single "person" and "partyGroup" fields (as opposed
to the toPerson, fromPerson, toPartyGroup, fromPartyGroup fields used in
the scrum PartyRelationshipAndPartyDetail entitymodel example)

2.
We'll be tracking this employment relationship for customers and other
external contacts and so I don't think I can rely on the human resource
tables.

I guess what it boils down to is:

A. Are my search skills crappy, and there does in fact exist an example of
how to query the employment relationship without needing both to and from
fields for both parties? (if so, I'll keep looking!)

B. Have I misunderstood something fundamental, and there's another way to
get at what I need.

Thanks again for the replies!