ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From James Piechota <piech...@gmail.com>
Subject CSS stylesheets link order
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 20:12:50 GMT
Hi,

I noticed recently that the visual themes were clobbering some of the CSS
styles I'd created. The maincss.css in the visual theme resets a lot of
styles, and the stylesheet link order defined in header.ftl loads custom
style sheets (i.e. those in layoutSettings.styleSheets) before the Visual
Theme maincss.css.

A couple questions if anyone has any insight:

1. I can "fix" this easily be changing the stylesheet link order in the
Visual Theme header.ftl to move layoutSettings.styleSheets after the Visual
Theme stylesheets. However, does anyone know if the original order was by
design and therefore changes may have unexpected consequences?

2. If the link order is by design, is the recommended approach to defining
custom styles to create a new Visual Theme?

Thanks!