ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Agarwal <dagarwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: One organization, 3 stores with mixed common products. How to setup
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2013 17:54:17 GMT
Thanks Mayur,

We want to maintain separate inventory for each store. Product prices I
think we can maintain for each store by using productStoreGroup in
ProductPrice entity (with productStoreGroup we can have multiple default
prices of common products for different stores and ).

Our stores are kiosks at malls and we have modified webpos for this. What
we want is to give them a drop down while creating a sales order so that
they can select whether to show just that store's product (while typing in
the product search autocomplete) or to show other store's products too. For
this we would require some association with product. that association is I
am trying to find out.

Based on the above requirement I have following questions regarding the
setup:

1) When you want to host a solution where multiple organizations gets a
control panel to maintain their ecommerce.
2) When a single organization has multiple stores with common products
among the stores.

I haven't found anything on net if some setup for the above requirement is
documented for ofbiz. In first scenario I wonder if we should start a
separate instance and database for each organization or just one db and
multiple instances can do ?

--
Thanks,
Deepak Agarwal,