ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Skip" <s...@thedevers.org>
Subject RE: getting screen.width in ftl
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:04:24 GMT
Nick

Thanks for the link.  This is essentially what I did except that I did not
have any small device specific content.  However, what I wanted to do was
just not render the content in the ftl to reduce the bandwidth requirements.
A considerable amount of the hidden content on small devices were images and
it would have been nice to not have it at all.

For example:

<#assign screenWidth = context.screenWidth?default(2000) />

<#if screenWidth > 499>
... Render some context that might be useful but not required
</#if>

I am exploring how to do this by having an ajax call that sets the device
width into the context and then subsiquent pages can be smarter in their
rendering.  However, what I have now works much like yours and is sufficient
for now.

Skip

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Rosser [mailto:nrosser@salmonllc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:56 PM
To: user@ofbiz.apache.org
Subject: Re: getting screen.width in ftl

Skip,

We have a pretty good way of doing this in our BigFish eCommerce
solution. Obviously the entire approach is not applicable for what you
are trying to do but you may want to read the guide that we have ... it
has some good general pointers that may be useful for you.

http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/help/howSetupMobile.htm

Best Regards,

Nick Rosser
nrosser@salmonllc.com