ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Medhat <medhat7...@gmail.com>
Subject [Auto-Calculate Costs] Screenlet
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 00:23:22 GMT
Hi,

I would like to have a discussion and share the knowledge about
[Auto-Calculate Costs] Screenlet, which is reachable through: Catalog
Manager >>  Products >> COSTS
Application : Catalog Manager
Sub Menu  : Products
Tab          : COSTS

When I submit this Form, it aggregates the cost components, specially for
the product's components (BOM) if exist.

Discussion point:
************
The Combo Box: [Cost Component Type Prefix] contains only one entry:
  • Estimated Standard Costs

And This results in aggregating only cost components with Prefix "Estimated
Standard".

This behavior and the Combo Box content is hard coded in the file:

    applications\product\widget\catalog\ProductForms.xml

    <field name="costComponentTypePrefix">
        <drop-down allow-empty="false">
            <option key="EST_STD"
description="${uiLabelMap.ProductEstimatedCosts}"/>
        </drop-down>
    </field>

I am curious to Know:
  • Why Only "Estimated Standard" cost components can be automatically
aggregated? and why do not
     have the same behavior for "Actual" cost components, or "Non Type
Prefix" cost components.
  • If I added - by hard coding - another entry for "Actual" cost components
or "Non Type Prefix" cost
     components, will this have any inconvenient consequences on the OFBiz
behavior specially in another
     OFBiz applications like Accounting or any other application ?

Kindly Advise.

Regards,
Medhat