ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Mark Schneider ...@it-infrastrukturen.org>
Subject Re: Question: Free available skeleton of simple shop and portal solution based on OFBiz
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:41:05 GMT
Thank you very much for your answer Paul.

Am 13.11.2012 09:10, schrieb madppiper:
> The eCommerce app found within the
> special purpose directory is more of a demo-case rather than a complete
> store. It gives you all the functions you could ask for, but is agreeably
> very very difficult to use for smaller stores. Usually, people who want to
> use the OFBiz ERP Framework for something like this they:
>
> a) Either take the ecommerce component and reduce/simplify on their own
>
> or
>
> b) Turn to Third-Party implementers and use one of their standardized
> components.
>
> As an example for the latter: we on our hand have created our own simplified
> store, which you can take a sneak-peek here: http://www.syracus.net . It
> comes with some advanced features, like a fully integrated Solr Search,
> facetted navigation, responsive design and so on. There's been some
> discussions whether one of the agencies may contribute their own store to
> the project, but at the moment it is as it is ;)
It makes a very good impression (http://www.syracus.net) - thank you.
What I am interested in are sources of such solutions one could use
after few minor modifications. BigFish source is a nice example however
a bit complex for the start (for me yet).

The OFBiz framework makes a *very* good impression however with long
learning curve. I am missing examples (open sources) of ready to go
(with minor changes) OFBiz applications. I have found already some free
available documentation but I need some time more to study it en détail
(deeper).

I guess there are also some open solutions for websites and special
portal solutions like eg. *uPortal*.

> Apart from that: I can highly recommend both books and in particular the
> beginners tutorial.
I am not sure about the second book (*Apache OfBiz Cookbook* from
packtpbub.com):
*Apache OFBiz Development: The Beginner's Tutorial* [eBook]
Jonathon Wong
Using Services, Entities, and Widgets to build custom ERP and CRM systems
1       Available now   £18.99  eBook bundle discount -50.00% (£9.50)
No tax  £*9.50*

*Apache OfBiz Cookbook* [eBook]
Ruth Hoffman
Over 60 simple but incredibly effective recipes for taking control of OFBiz
1       Available now   £16.99  eBook bundle discount -50.00% (£8.50)
No tax  £*8.50*

Or do you mean some other books like:
The Data Model Resource Book, *Vol. 1*: A Library of Universal Data
Models for All Enterprises
The Data Model Resource Book, *Vol. 2*: A Library of Data Models for
Specific Industries
The Data Model Resource Book, *Vol. 3*: Universal Patterns for Data
Modeling

There is also another book:
Title: *OFBiz E-Commerce Out-Of-The-Box* Author: Ruth Hoffman
Publication Date: Winter 2011

I don't have the possiblity just to look inside them as they are locally
not available in book stores here (Zürich).

> P.S.: Da du ja deutsch zu seien scheinst - Wenn Du magst kannst Du natürlich
> auch gerne einmal durchrufen. Dann kann ich dir vielleicht ein paar gute
> Tipps geben.
Vielen Dank. Ich schreibe Dir direkt (falls es für Dich OK ist).

Thank you in advance for feedback like ideas or hints.

regards, Mark

--
ms@it-infrastrukturen.org

http://rsync.it-infrastrukturen.org