ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Paul Piper ...@ilscipio.com>
Subject Re: Summary of ApacheCon-Eu conference "Why ofbiz-extra"
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:13:41 GMT
Unfortunately, I would have to second David's opinion. As mentioned in the
other mailing-thread, I cannot see any benefit from migrating parts of the
source into a google repository. Instead I think that the effects will
result in lesser quality product, not higher ones, as discussed here:
http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Slim-down-effort-current-situation-td4637617.html#a4637828

So I would argue that it is best to maintain everything in the same trunk as
part of the ASF. I would rather like to discuss less enforced guidelines or
subproject structures for the apache extras subproject so that those can
reach maturity through other means. Don't get me wrong: I do think that a
lot of the points & questions you raise are valid, Olivier, and I also agree
that we need a structure that would be beneficial to the subproject... but
within the same svn trunk and apache ofbiz brand.

That being said: I like the condition-set you gave to identify product
maturity. If we can extend the 5week rule to something more suitable for
this community (5 weeks is rather short), I believe that those could easily
be adapted for a full subproject.