ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Arun Kumar Batham <arun.bat...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Subject Re: Inventory issue with Marketing Package:Auto
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 05:02:49 GMT
Hello Jyoti,

I have some information on reserveInventory flag, I think it is useful
to understand the importance of this flag:

        Reserve Inventory:

To understand reserve inventory better we read reserve inventory as
"reserve inventory on order"  . This flag decide if reservation should
take place if order is created.

We believe that any web store should "ship" items or have products in
inventory to "complete" the order. So you need to do reservation to ship
items. Also if you take back orders and you don't do reservation then
there is no way in system that order will get reservation, because there
will be no "-" (negative reservation) when order will be placed. When
you "receive inventory" orders with "-" (negative reservations) get
reservations based on:

    * priority of order,
    * desired delivery date,
    * reserve date.

_Note:_  If you maintain inventory for items then "reserveInventory"
should always set to "Y", so that system will check items available in
inventory to fulfill order.

Thank you.

Regards
Arun Kumar Batham