ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Nick Rosser <nros...@salmonllc.com>
Subject Re: OFBiz / BigFish: live client www.1800fishoil.com
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 12:01:51 GMT
Mike,

Yes, there is a full ERP side to this solution as well. Complete Order
Management, Shipping, Picking, Inventory, Facilities, Returns,
Receiving, Refunds, and many special processes to handle recurring
3-monthly orders. Everything except accounting (most of our larger
clients have a standard accounting package like Great Plains -- we feed
into that).

A little more background:

We've been working with this client for many years. We implemented a
custom OFBiz / ERP solution for them for brand "x" -- a solution that is
used by up to 100 customer service reps every day. Manages all aspects
of their business -- a bet-your-business solution. The next step was to
develop a custom eComm site for brand "X", this has been live for a
couple of years now.

Enter BigFish -- for brand "FishOil" (the fish connection is purely
coincidental!). We re-used their ERP solution from brand "x" in it's
entirety, styled for "fishoil". Hooked up the BigFish platform for the
eComm solution and everything played very nicely. The keys are that both
BigFish and our custom ERP solution use OOTB OFBiz features. It was
amazingly smooth.

Best Regards,

Nick Rosser
nrosser@salmonllc.com