ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Skip" <s...@thedevers.org>
Subject RE: Response from java Method to client - Ajax call
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:52:18 GMT
You can also do a json response directly from the called service, but you'll
need the response object, so call it as an event instead of a service.  Once
you get the response object, the rest is easy (jsonString is the json
formatted string you want to return to the browser):

	//Skip System.out.println("Sending Jason response String " + jsonString);
        response.setContentType("application/x-json");
        try
	{
            response.setContentLength(jsonString.getBytes("UTF-8").length);
        } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException e) {
            response.setContentLength(jsonString.length());
        }

        Writer out;
        try {
            out = response.getWriter();
            out.write(jsonString);
            out.flush();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            Debug.logError(e, "Failed to get response writer", module);
            result = "error";
        }