ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Mike <mz4whee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Primary Key String
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:52:04 GMT
Just a comment.  In all the years I've been dealing with databases, it was
never considered good practice (and has always been avoided) to have a
space character in any primary key, although technically it should work. It
looks like you discovered an edge case in ofbiz.  Even if you manage to
initially get it to work, there may be other places where the problem will
show up.

Maybe use an underscore (_) instead, --or-- define another entity, maybe
called 'attrDesc' that contains the spaced TEXT?