ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apachecon EU 2012
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 06:22:28 GMT
Dear All,

Thank you for your interest in presenting at the ApacheCon EU 2012
Conference in Sinsheim, Germany on November 5th - 9th. The Event is a great
opportunity to meet your community members in person and share thoughts,
but also to check out other Apache projects. The organisation is currently
in a preparation phase and details will be published shortly.

In order to have our presentations registered we need to fill out a form
with the ApacheCon office.

Obviously, some questions are easy, like:

   - *Track Title*: OFBiz  - The not so obvious Apache Project
   - *Track Description*: Apache Ofbiz is the Enterprise Automation project
   of Apache since 2006, based on a solid framework, consisting of solutions
   for Product & Catalog Mgt, eCommerce, CRM, Warehousing, Manufacturing,
   Project Management, FiCo, and more.
   This track informs you about the ins and outs of OFbiz, what it is for
   and how to implement and use.
   - *Projects Covered*: Apache OFBiz (of course) - Do we need mention
   other projects?

How do you feel about the above?

Other questions need more thoughts, and your feedback/participation is
required.

   - *Primary Track Chair/Backup Track Chair*
   ApacheCon description: All tracks need to have a primary Track Chair,
   and a backup Track Chair. The track chair is responsible for helping with
   the CFP talk selection, liaising between speakers and the planners, and
   helping out with the odd bit to do with the website and publicity
   (describing the track etc).

   I am more than willing to take upon me the role of Primary Track Chair,
   and take care of the liaising, website and publicity.

   Who will help out and volunteer as the Backup Track Chair?

   - *Ideal Room/Days setup*
   ApacheCon description: At the conference, we have 5 rooms each able to
   hold 100 people, which can be combined together to yield rooms for 200 or
   300 people if needed. A track can run for multiple days, or could be
   multiple sessions in parallel on one day.

   I believe 1 room of 100 should suffice, but do we opt for multiple days?
   What is your opinion?

Please provide your thoughts as soon as possible.

Regards,

Pierre