ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Robert G." <...@mercon24.de>
Subject Response from java Method to client - Ajax call
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 16:20:35 GMT
hey guys,

I use javascript to do some things. To get a consistent status of the user
preferences I want to store some variables in the session object.

I created java methods to check if the session key exists, to store a value
or to remove them.

With an ajax call I call the java method with the way over the
controller.xml. That works. But now I get the respons like:

<response name="isInSession"... />
<response name="isNotInSession" ... />

I dont want to call with them a view, I want to get a response directly like
a callback to my ajax request. Is that possible? Which type etc. I use in
the response?

I want to check in the ajax "success" sth. like:

/
if (...isInsession) {
 do this
} else {
 do sth else
}/

I know, that I can do the not that nice way, by calling a view, and request
it from the header in the callback...but I hope this is going more easy :)

btw. I checked a lot of posts in that forum, but couldnt find a good answer
for me (maybe cause its not possible)

pleeeeaasse help :)

Robert