ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Robert G." <...@mercon24.de>
Subject Re: Why promotion category on ecommerce
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 15:35:32 GMT
hey guys,

i have another question concerning promotion categories:

I want to show promo-products on the start page. This works fine, if I
connect a product to the specified promo-catagory.

But now I want to show different promotion contents on the startpage...I
mean I want f.ex. 3 promo-categories. each one I wanna put into a separated
box on the startpage. Problem is that I can only define if it is promotion,
or not...in the FTL file for the promo-categorylisting I want to do like:

promo-category 1 show in this DIV Container
promo-category 2 show in the other DIV Container

how would you handle it? I think the easiest way is to ask for the
category-name and than decide, right?

the more beauty way would be to add more promo options to the catalog
referer, that it is independend how I name the category...

what do you think, what the best way is to handle it?

thanks,

robert