ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject Not official Apache OFBiz web site
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:19:04 GMT
Hi Daniel (and any person in the same situation),

I have noticed "your" site at http://www.ofbiz.cl

Like did for instance Marco Risaliti some time ago with  http://www.ofbiz.it you need to clearly
state that your site is not and
official Apache OFBiz site.

The same applies to ofbiz.nl and ofbiz.th (maybe it's done but I did not find it clear like
did Marco) and I guess others...

This is the minimum required, and actually you should not even use ofbiz in your domain names...
http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/#domains

see also there "Using the Apache Foo or similar graphic logos:"

Thanks

Jacques
PS : I think it's ok for http://www.myofbiz.com because it does not '"mimic" official OFBiz
site and does not use ofbiz in its
domain name. Though a little note about  not being an official Apache OFBiz site would not
hurt...
The same apllies for
http://www.ofbiz.biz/
http://www.ofbiz.de/
etc. (you know better than us... for now...)

This my own interpretation of the ASF rules and I don't act on behalf of APache OFBiz PMC,
but I think I'm right to ask