ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Ruth Hoffman <rhoff...@aesolves.com>
Subject Re: ofbiz with no JavaScript
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 19:28:45 GMT
Hi BJ:
Just to give a little more info:

At one time the US Defense Department did not allow Javascript on its
computers (as you describe below). Not sure if this is still a mandate.
They also have a very strict accessibility requirement called Section
508 which details how web pages should be usable by visually impaired
individuals. I know for a fact that Section 508 is still enforce and
that OFBiz does not meet many those standards.

I'm wondering how HTML5 might help take up some of the slack?

Anyhow, I tend to agree with you. At the very least, all webpages should
degrade "nicely" when Javascript is disabled.
Best regards,
Ruth