ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From hzzg6y <rupadh...@gmail.com>
Subject ofbiz pos architecture advice
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:40:34 GMT
Need your help on architecturing OFBIZ. I am on a VPS with CentOS 5.6 Linux.
I have taken Ofbiz 10.04 Zip & using PostgreSQL.
This VPS is my Central upstream main server having single Postgresql DB
server.

Now consider a case : I have Retail shop having 3 tills. Every till should
work even though the network is down so that they can indepenedently trade

Option 1 :I need to know whether I need to have three independent postgres
SQL DB on each till ? I feel yes, so that performance &
network down do not impact trade.

Option 2 : If We make any one main master Till having Postgres SQL DB ( or
inside Retail shop inside server ) & other tills are just acting as
Dummy tills emulated POS terminals then if master till ( Retail shop inside
server ) goes down, we cannot trade at all.

Option 3 : If the retail shop don't have Touch screens tills, can they use
the Webpos based on Retail shop inside server based locally.

Please can you explain me the difference between WEBPOS & POS instance on
Touch Screen.
Please advice how can I have just use Pos.jar ( light version if possible)
file instead of ofbiz.jar