ofbiz-user mailing list archives

From Mike <mz4whee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best way to remove demo data?
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:54:21 GMT
Why 10.04 vs 11.04 at this point?  11.04 is way better (blogging
actually works).

Also, as long as you have gone through the initial trouble of setting
up your own vendor branch (real important) using trunk is feasible.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 3:44 AM, Scott Gray <scott.gray@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
> Just to put out an opposing point of view, I recommend using the latest stable release
and not the trunk.  The trunk is susceptible to new bugs whereas 10.04 is not and in fact
has seen nothing but bug fixes for the past 15 months.  So imagine taking the trunk and spending
15 months only fixing bugs, that is what 10.04 is.  Does the trunk have more features? Yes,
but in my opinion you're unlikely to need any of them and if you do you can always consider
back porting the relevant code that you need.

> Using the trunk is simply more convenient for committers because they can commit their
changes instead of maintaining patches like everyone else.  Most users don't have that power
and if they do submit a patch it is pretty unlikely it will get committed very quickly.